Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday Afternoon Fun

Meet the new addition to our house! Tyler and I have had an itch to make a really fun tent for Lyla for the past few weeks. Today we finally got to tackle the project!! It was so fun to create something out of stuff that we had lying around the house. Lyla calls the tent her "house." I think this might become a permanent addition to our playroom :)
This morning, Lyla and I got to plant our much anticipated vegetable garden! I love the part of being a parent, when you get to teach your children something-- so, I got to teach her how to plant a garden, how to till up rows, how to plant the little seeds in the ground. Okay, okay, she might not have understood the whole lesson, but it's the experience that counts, right? I know we're going to have a great time waching plants grow and then, hopefully getting to eat from the garden! Let's cross our fingers we get some sprouts in the next week!

Happy Weekend :)

1 comment:

Abigail Evans said...

What a creative mommy you are! I LOVE that you made her a tent to play in...don't you remember how we used to make tents? Precious memories! Im so jealous you have a nice backyard to plant a garden! I cant wait to see it grow, keep us updated with pictures and let us know what you planted!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

I work for a King.

I work for a King. He has put me in charge of His home. When He comes to see how I have managed His possessions and His children, I do not want to be found wanting. I want to do my best. Everything I have is on loan from Him. I have room and board and a job to do, but it is all for Him.
Therefore I want to dress my best, and do my best in all my work. I also want to be creative, for this is a sincere attempt to glorify Him and His beautiful creation. How I manage my home is a form of worship to Him.
-Lydia Sherman