Monday, July 25, 2011

On my heart...

"And He who sent Me is ever with Me; My Father has not left Me alone, for I always do what pleases Him." John 8:29

image from thechosenchild.blogspot.com

It's been heavy on my heart to ask God to constantly bring me back to caring and doing only what is pleasing to Him.

I'm yearning for my Father to teach me to not seek approval from others, to hold my hands up high and not care if others are looking at me, to do each chore of the day for the Lord so that I might be pleasing to Him.

I'm praying for an untainted heart that only wants what He wants, only cares what He cares about, only hears what He says, only does what He wants...

Can you imagine how wonderfully freeing our lives would be if we only did what was pleasing to the Father? And what joy we could experience that He would never leave us?

1 comment:

Abigail Evans said...

Ash, when I read this post I cried. The holy spirit is doing such a great work in you and he is using you to encourage and uplift others. I needed to hear this, thank you for being bold and posting this truth! Love your heart!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

I work for a King.

I work for a King. He has put me in charge of His home. When He comes to see how I have managed His possessions and His children, I do not want to be found wanting. I want to do my best. Everything I have is on loan from Him. I have room and board and a job to do, but it is all for Him.
Therefore I want to dress my best, and do my best in all my work. I also want to be creative, for this is a sincere attempt to glorify Him and His beautiful creation. How I manage my home is a form of worship to Him.
-Lydia Sherman