Last night me, Tyler and Lyla went to eat dinner at 5 Guys. It's a burger place (for those of you who don't know) and we've been hearing rave reviews about the place, so we thought we'd try it out. Well we hopped in the car without truly knowing EXACTLY where this place was, and low and behold, ended up driving around for an extra 5 minutes looking for it.
FINALLY, I called my sister, Allison, hoping she could google the location. The conversation went something like this:
*********************************************
ME: "Hey Al, are you by a computer?"
ALLISON: "Yeah, I have it on right here."
ME: "Do you mind looking up where 4 Brothers is in Erie, Pennsylvania?"
ALLISON: "Oh yeah, we have one of those here in Lubbock. Ya'll are going to love it!"
(Tyler chirps in the background, "It's 5 Guys!! Not 4 brothers")
ME: "Oh! Haha, I meant 5 Guys, Al, not 4 Brothers."
ALLISON: "Yeah, yeah I knew what you meant."
**********************************************
That's a sister for you. We can just pick up where the other one left off. Do you have sisters? It's one of my favorite parts of my life, being a sister. I'm so tickled that Lyla and Adah are blessed with each other as SISTERS. I pray that they are always close to each other, and that they'll be there for each other always. Even if it is a call in the middle of the night looking for 4 Brothers. HA! I love you, Al :)
Monday, February 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
I work for a King.
I work for a King. He has put me in charge of His home. When He comes to see how I have managed His possessions and His children, I do not want to be found wanting. I want to do my best. Everything I have is on loan from Him. I have room and board and a job to do, but it is all for Him.
Therefore I want to dress my best, and do my best in all my work. I also want to be creative, for this is a sincere attempt to glorify Him and His beautiful creation. How I manage my home is a form of worship to Him.
-Lydia Sherman
Therefore I want to dress my best, and do my best in all my work. I also want to be creative, for this is a sincere attempt to glorify Him and His beautiful creation. How I manage my home is a form of worship to Him.
-Lydia Sherman
4 comments:
That's funny! And yeah, sisters are pretty cool!
I am laughing right out loud...read 4 Brothers and didn't hesitate once knowing EXACTLY where you meant :) I love that my girls love each other! Nothin like a sissy!!
Ash, this is hilarious!!! I'm happy I got to help you guys out, I know once you get out with the little buggy you want to do it promptly! Its crazy to think how from Lubbock I was able to find that address for you! I love you so much and can't wait to get to see you soon!!
I guess we know why you didn't call me! I probably would have gotten ya'll more lost!
Post a Comment