Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan

To those who are weary of eggplant, don't be! This is our household FAVORITE meal! You have to try it, especially while the eggplant is in season...

Ingredients:
3 large eggplants (totaling around 1 ½ lbs.)
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 cups of Prego (traditional) sauce
1 cup Parmesan/Romano cheese
Directions:

Slice the eggplants lengthwise in ¼ inch slices. Sprinkle the eggplant with 2 teaspoons of salt and set the eggplant in a colander to drain for about 30 minutes.
In the meantime, preheat oven to 425 degrees. After eggplant has drained, place slices of eggplant on a dishtowel and pat dry, trying to absorb as much liquid as possible.
Sprinkle eggplant with 1 teaspoon of pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place eggplant in a single layer of a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.

Remove eggplant from the oven and pour about ½ cup of Prego in the bottom of a baking dish (9 x 13). Layer the eggplant over the sauce, then the about ½ cup of sauce again, and sprinkle with cheese.

Continue this layering effect until all of your eggplant is used up. You want to end with the cheese on top. Bake the eggplant parmesan in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese has melted.

4 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Yum! I think I'm going to make this while my Mom is here! Love eggplant.

Christie Lee said...

Didn't know it was so easy. I will try it next week. Thanks!

Mom said...

Delicious! Do ya think Dad and the boys will go for it :?

Alli said...

This looks yummy Ash! I definitly think I could try this in my new place! Are eggplants expensive?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

I work for a King.

I work for a King. He has put me in charge of His home. When He comes to see how I have managed His possessions and His children, I do not want to be found wanting. I want to do my best. Everything I have is on loan from Him. I have room and board and a job to do, but it is all for Him.
Therefore I want to dress my best, and do my best in all my work. I also want to be creative, for this is a sincere attempt to glorify Him and His beautiful creation. How I manage my home is a form of worship to Him.
-Lydia Sherman