Friday, August 20, 2010

Chocolate Pie with Graham Cracker Crust

Crust:

1 package of honey graham crackers
¼ cup butter, melted
2 tbs. sugar
Water, as needed

Combine first 3 ingredients. Add water, as needed so that you are able to press crust and it stays in place. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
 

 
Filling:


3 cups of lowfat (1%) milk
1 cup sugar
3 tbs. cocoa powder
1/3 cup and 1 tbs. all purpose flour
1/3 cup and 1 tbs. cornstarch
Pinch of salt
3 egg yolks
1 tbs. butter
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine sugar, cocoa powder, flour, sugar, cornstarch and salt in saucepan.

 Whisk milk in slowly. Turn heat onto medium.

As mixture just barely heats take 1 cup of the mixture and put into separate bowl. Crack the egg yolks into another bowl. Slowly whisk mixture into egg yolks, which is called tempering. After mixture is combined, add slowly back to mixture in the saucepan and heat until thickened, like pudding. Take off heat and add butter and vanilla.

Place a piece of plastic wrap over the chocolate filling so that a film does not form. Cool completely before adding chocolate mixture into the crust.

Refrigerate pie for at least 2-3 hours before eating. Serve with light whipped cream.

3 comments:

Mom said...

That's not fair! It's like torture knowing how yummy that tastes and not being able to have some :( Miss you!

Alli said...

Ash, this looks delicous! Maybe if im feeling ambitious one lonely day out in Lubbock, i'll attempt to make a pie all for myself :)

mom said...

oh dear...need to send out a pie pan with Alli then! Almost forgot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

I work for a King.

I work for a King. He has put me in charge of His home. When He comes to see how I have managed His possessions and His children, I do not want to be found wanting. I want to do my best. Everything I have is on loan from Him. I have room and board and a job to do, but it is all for Him.
Therefore I want to dress my best, and do my best in all my work. I also want to be creative, for this is a sincere attempt to glorify Him and His beautiful creation. How I manage my home is a form of worship to Him.
-Lydia Sherman