Thursday, September 15, 2011

An Ambassador for Christ

Do you know that in 2 Corinthians we are called to be an ambassador for Christ? An ambassador is an official representative on behalf of one country to another. We are supposed to be an "ambassador" carrying the message of Christ to others.

I have to ask myself, am I taking this role as ambassador seriously? What am I doing as Christ's ambassador for the sake of another person's soul? I have to ask you the same question. Friends, you must know I fall short every single time. However, I believe the purpose of our lives here on the Earth, is solely for the reconciliation of a brother or sister's soul. Living on the Earth is the one and only chance we have to accept the Lord God, our Savior so that Christ seals our eternal destiny to live in heaven with our Father.

I believe there must be lots of ways to be an ambassador of Christ-- by being kind and patient to the cashier, by holding the door open for a mother who has her hands full, by allowing that extra car to slip in the traffic line, by quickly forgiving your friend, by singing songs about Jesus to your children, by being submissive to your husband, by telling someone about the love of Lord, all so that our face may reflect the glory of the Jesus Christ.

You see, I believe that when we are actively living for Christ, our lives become a living testimony for the Lord, so that others see Christ in you, so that they too may come to know Jesus. It's a powerful responsibility as a Christ follower to remind myself constantly to be living and reflecting Christ in all areas of my life at all times-- anyone could be watching you.

Friends, let's be encouraged as we remember our responsibility as a Christ follower to be an ambassador for the One and Only, Holy God, so that our face may reflect the glory of the Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Such a wonderful reminder. I'm studing living momemnt by moment, day by day...trusting that the Lord will provide enough "manna" for each day. My job is to go get the manna each morning(quiettime)!
I love your hear sweet girl!

Abigail Evans said...

I agree, such a wonderful, honest reminder. You encourage and inspire me sissy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

I work for a King.

I work for a King. He has put me in charge of His home. When He comes to see how I have managed His possessions and His children, I do not want to be found wanting. I want to do my best. Everything I have is on loan from Him. I have room and board and a job to do, but it is all for Him.
Therefore I want to dress my best, and do my best in all my work. I also want to be creative, for this is a sincere attempt to glorify Him and His beautiful creation. How I manage my home is a form of worship to Him.
-Lydia Sherman